Here are 8 end of year website updates to make sure you take care of to feel confident in your website as we move into the new year!
- Set a reminder on your calendar to update the copyright year in your website’s footer.
- Add any new projects to your portfolio (and remove any that are no longer relevant or showcasing your best work). Make sure these projects are ones that reflect your ideal client so that you can then attract your ideal client.
- Add recent testimonials. Really showcase the ones that illustrate the transformation that you claim you’ll create for your clients.
- Update your Frequently Asked Questions section. Think about questions you’ve gotten a lot of lately and refresh that FAQ to save you time later!
- Update your prices. Many business owners revisit pricing at the new year, so make sure your website reflects it as well!
- Comb through and update any copy. Your About page can be a big culprit of this, as we tend to include fun facts that may no longer apply since originally writing it. Do a quick check through your whole site!
- Swap around some photos. Just a simple refresh of changing out photos here and there can make a big difference! It shows returning visitors that your business is current and that you regularly keep your online presence up to date.
- Do a comprehensive link and form check. Think things like your contact form, email list opt-in forms, making sure all the links work on both desktop AND mobile. Remember, you want your website experience to feel as natural and easy as possible!
My challenge to you is to pick just two of these eight end of year website updates and make it your goal to implement them before the week is over! Who’s up for the challenge? 😉