Is there anything else I need to get my website up?
You will need the following:
- A paid Showit subscription (starts at $19-34/month)
- A custom domain name (we recommend GoDaddy – price varies)
- Professional, on-brand photos (really important!)
- Google Chrome browser installed on your computer
- A few hours reserved to make it happen! (Or hire us to install everything for you)
For a more in-depth guide to what you need in place before making your website, to make sure it’s set up for success, click here to download our free Pre-Website Homework Checklist
.How does it work?
- Sign up for Showit
- Install your website template using the provided “Share Key”
- Edit your colors & fonts, photos & logos, website words, and hook up your booking system. (Download Website Homework Roadmap for just $19 here)
- Take it live!
How long will this take me to finish?
Truthfully, this can vary a lot! Swapping out photos and words for your own will be the main task for you. Doing this can take an hour or two if you have everything you need prepped ahead of time. So totally possible to get done in a weekend if you can dedicate a few hours toward it! For more extensive customizations to the template, plan on more like a week or two.
My current website is not on Showit. How will that work?
Well first, no worries because you can always ask Showit to help, or submit a support ticket to our team with specific questions you have. Here are the steps to move your website to Showit.
- Get your website designed all ready to go in your Showit builder.
- Follow these steps to let Showit know your website is ready to go live, and what domain you’d like to use. If you need old blog posts transferred over, you’ll tell them that too.
- They’ll tell you what to do next. Usually this includes logging into your domain hosting account (this may be GoDaddy, Wix, Squarespace, or something else) and updating some things based on their easy-to-follow instructions.
- Then just head back to your Showit account and hit Publish. You should be live, and you can cancel your hosting subscription with your previous website host (ex. Squarespace, Wix, Wordpress, etc.)
What if I get stuck? What kind of support can you provide?
We are committed to holding your hand and providing the highest level of care through the whole process of making your website. After all, you didn’t start doing hair to make a website, right?
- All of our templates are equipped with a video tutorial library full of trainings that cover the parts of your website template we think you might find more challenging.
- Exclusive access to our online help center, which includes the ability to submit a support ticket to our team for 1:1 support when you get stuck. We love sending personalized Loom videos walking you through your website to help you through whatever it is you need.
- For more immediate questions, you will have in-app chat support directly from the friendly support team at Showit. I’ve personally met their team and can attest to their level of care first hand.
- Showit’s help docs are next level and simply walk you through every question imaginable.
- For more advanced support, you may hire our team to install your photos, words, branding, and blog (if applicable) for you.